24/10/2013

At last! My next Disney Princess!

After artblock, overwork, hand pain and internet crash, I've finnaly finished the next in my Disney Princesses illustration series! Beauty and the Beast's Belle! ^^


Belle is one of my favourite Disney princesses (I totally relate with her love for books! ^^). Her dress was, for some reason, terribly hard to come up with. And it turned out much more victorian-ish than rococo, but I like the fact it actually escaped the most common style choice for redesign (since the movie is somewhat set in the 18th century France).

For the color of the dress, I was in doubt between the classical golden yellow from the movie or a soft butter cream tone... In the end, gold looked much better, so I went further and made it an "antique gold", almost bronze - so the picture would get the "Old Fairytale Book" style I wanted for the series.


Painting the roses was lovely! ^^

For the next princess in the series, I'm in doubt between Ariel and Jasmine 
(both currently in the sketch step)... Votes? ^^ 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário