22/03/2012

Oiran-san

Finally, done! The colors were so hard! x_x
The winner of the poll about my next kokeshi-style drawing: 
an Oiran, a righ-ranking courtesan of the Edo period (1603-1868). 
She is wearing full costume to an Oiran parade, with 15cm tall geta shoes!


Her garnment is mostly spring-themed. For the patterns, I used several images from beautiful real kimono in a collage (is that right in english? Like, cut-and-glue patterns together...) manner, so they weren't draw by me!

I'm quite proud of this one. She was troublesome, with all her flamboyant look and thousands of kanzashi on her hair, but quite enjoyable to draw. ^^ 
Plus, I love how the obi turned out... <3

Althou the makeup is similar, oiran are not geisha!

Textures and patterns used do not belong to me.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário