16/03/2013

Dusting Off...

Finally managing some time to post on my blog...

After one million and thirty-eight attempts, at last I did the sketch for my next Disney princess! Beauty and the Beast's Belle!


Her design was SO ridiculously hard to do... I wanted to base it on an eighteen-century gown, but without making it too historical or "Pompadour" - since the movie is quite clearly inspired in that period and there are so many versions of "rococo-Belle" I wanted to make mine different. XD

But all the times I tried to design her in "somewhat 18 Century-ish" style I failed terribly... which is weird, since I LOVE dresses from that period! Then, when I (very annoyed) gave up on Rococo-inspired style and started to - just for fun - doodle a more Victorian-ish shape dress... 
VOILÁ! I finnaly got satisfied with the sketch! ^_^

So, Victorian Belle... don't ask me why. It just looked right, so I'll go for it.  X3

I'm still not sure if I'll go for light gold or light/butter yellow on her dress... But I'm so happy I'll finally manage to continue this series! (<-- already thinking about which princess will draw next).

...On another topic, here are some Yuutaro & Hana (& Co.) sketches! ^^

 
Just a little Year of the Black Snake doodle, Hana-san sitting pretty and non-chibi version of Yuutaro (with the spear) and Sano (with the smirk). 
Lame shading is lame.

...I'll try my best to post kimono/hanbok features and (if times allows...) 
the next kimono mini-tutorial, from this week on... And Belle's progress! ^^


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário