07/06/2012

And the winner is... Mulan!

So, Mulan is the great winner of the poll for 
the next Disney Princess in my series! 

Thanks to all who voted! ^^


I was quite surprised - I always tought Ariel and Belle were the most
popular Disney princesses... and one of them would win. XD
Personally, Mulan is my second favourite (after Rapunzel ^^)
so the result of the poll was also very nice news!

I'll work on her, althou I'm super busy these days so it will 
take more time than the previous two... x_x

As Cinderella, Mulan will be another great challenge, only now from a different perspective - I need to give the series' "antique storybook" look to an ancient chinese outfit.

Delicate lines + faded colors + european dress = fairytale storybook. Ok!
Delicate lines + faded colors + hanfu = ancient chinese painting. (Wich is very very beautiful... but it's not the same as this series style! x_x)

Well, I'll try my best to make the style look right! ^^'

Also, I have a few simple chibi sketches to post so 
wait for some of these in the next few days. ^_^

2 comentários:

  1. YAY awesome! 8D
    Haha well my personal fav as character would be Ariel but my vote went for Mulan anyway, since I have a guilty pleasure fo Asian culture. X3
    And even though I wonder what you would base Ariel's outfit I'm still more into see what will you do with this Chinese theme. *u*

    Yey for chibis =D

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. I think Ariel will be nice to draw, too. I'll go from her pink dress with the giant sleeves. Those are always fun. ;D

      I hope I can manage to do justice to the beautiful chinese hanfu... ^^'

      Excluir