04/04/2012

JSHE- Sengoku Summer 2

Next on my Japanese Seasons/Historical Eras series....
Sengoku Summer-kun!

 
The Sengoku period (middle XV to early XVII centuries) is also called the Warring States period, due to the many conflicts between the feudal lords in Japan... So, this samurai wears a light domaru armor, and a kabuto helmet, ready for battle! He also carries a tachi, a sword similar to the katana, only larger, more curved and older in origin.

The color scheme is similar to the one used by the lady in "Sengoku Summer", but the colors have less bright, more masculine tones. The patterns used show spirals resembling waves and kikyo flowers, 
both summer themes.

The armor was soooo hard to draw! x_x
(I could have make him wear a daimon or hitatare but nooo...)
Well, at least it was a good challenge. Don't know if I succeeded... 
but I think he looks nice... =)

 
Textures and patterns used do not belong to me.


2 comentários:

  1. YAww, he is quite a handsome little dude! =3
    Haha, yeah I tried to draw doumaru once - it really IS painful indeed XD
    But you did very well on it! :3

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Thank you! ^^
      The armor was so hard, and I think it spoiled the final proportion... it's not exactly how I wanted but... I guess I'll try drawing other armoured samurai eventually, and do better.

      I do like his face, thou. The white-ish scar is maybe too subtle (do people even notice it, I wonder?) but he has this quite "bushi" face... Heheh cute. ;P

      Excluir